StudioKY Homewares - Overview
Everything we make is for you or your home. Paintings are for the walls of your home, the sculpture will fit into standard shelving or niches or even outside in your personal landscape. Bowls and vases go wherever they are needed. ENJOY! I
- My sculpture is residential by which I mean it is meant to enhance your home - either in the garden or in the home. The materials I commonly use are stoneware clay, limestone, or occasionally synthetic clay.
- Paintings are by Yvonne and are watercolour on Yuppo paper. They are usually mounted and framed. The frames are A4 mostly.
- Homewares: We want to make unique pieces you would be proud to show off in your home. We blend our colours and patterns before we turn them into veneers which we use to cover the larger items- glass, ceramic or even wood. Environmentally friendly, these are upcycled pieces. Smaller objects we make totally in the base material, Our main materials are synthetic polymers: resin and polymer clay.
- Many of our recycled soft drink bottle range are sculptures or bowls/vases. Please check them out if you are interested.
Our website gives you examples of our work: they may not be available but we can show you similar pieces that are not on the website or, for homewares, make you similar pieces in your colourway. Once you are happy with the image of your bespoke item and wish to purchase we will list the item with a payment button (or send you an invoice). If the item is available we can add a payment button at your request. Check out some of our commissions.
Homewares: Small bowl $12, Standard bowl $15-20 ,Large/special $25+, Bud vase $15 to $25 ,Large vase $30 -$35 ,Coaster $12 each or 4 for $40
Sculpture. Price For figurines start at about $40. Otherwise, it is price on application.
- Paintings. Mostly $40 unframed and $60 framed.
We will use AUS POST. Items to be sent to an Australian address that can be sent in a small parcels are $10. Anything else will have to be quoted. Pick up is available from our market stall or my studio. Other arrangement can be made with me during purchase negotiations.
Refunds & Return
We stand by the quality of our works. Goods that do meet form, fit and function will be replaced or the component replaced without question. It will the discretion of the maker to decide what is appropriate. Irregularities that are part of handmade should be expected and if visible in the image or could reasonably have been assumed, are not cause for authomatic replacement. Images should be sent as soon as the issue arises so a full and open discussion can take place. A happy customer is potentially a repeat customer!
- Synthetic clay: Very robust!. Can take a washing machine or any type of sanitising. Sometimes it appears to "dull". A sparing coating of wax, oil, or moisturiser will restore a shine. Note that polymer clay is not "food grade" as the manufacturer's cannot control the curing process. Bowls can be used for snacks if a piece of rice paper or baking paper is placed beneath the food. We design the bowls for trinkets, soaps etc.
- Resin. If resin "dull" wax, oil, or moisturiser will restore a shine. Clean with light detergent or alcohol. No special care is usually needed but if it is complicated piece, specific care instructions will arrive with item. Resin can be broken if trodden on. Resin bowls which are formed thin pieces can "unfold" in heat if, say, it is left on a car's dashboard in the Australian sun. If this occurs, place on a towel in an oven set at around 80 C (not more than 90 C). When the piece has fully unfolded remove from oven (hands should be protected from heat) and hold around a tin can (or any other similar shaped object such as a glass). Spray sanitisers are suitable unless alcohol inks are used in which case do not use an alcohol based sanitiser. Do not use heat sanitising methods.
Watercolour on Yuppo (P001)
Watercolour on Yuppos (P002)