StudioKY Jewelry Collection - Overview
We blend our colours and patterns before we turn them into beads or veneers, We want to make unique pieces you would be proud to wear. Our main materials are synthetic polymers: resin and polymer clay. Our findings are usually stainless steel (medical grade if available) or sterling silver which we hand form.
If you are interested in recycled jewelry made from soft drink bottles or the inner tube of bicycle tyres check out our recycled range.
Our website gives you examples of our work: they may not be available but we can make similar pieces in your colourway and length. Once you are happy with the image of your bespoke item and wish to purchase we will list the item with a payment button (or send you an invoice). If the item is available we can add a payment button at your request. Check out some of our commissions.
- Earrings are mostly $15 for stainless steel fittings and $20 for sterling silver fittings. Studs are $10 for plain colours and $12 for patterned studs.
- Necklaces vary from $30 to $100 although most are $45 to $60.
- Pendants are from $15 to $25 without the necklace. Simple choker necklaces for pendants start at $5. A pendant can usually be converted to a purse charm or key ring.
- Bangles and cuffs start at $10 for thin bangles and discounts for multi-buys. Most will be around $25 but if simple about the same price as a pendant. My new adjustable anklets and bangles are $12 to $15. Most are waterproof and fully adjustable. The new CosClay wrap cuffs are $15 to 25 depending on size.
- Rings start at $15 for the new adjustable rings but resin casted rings are $25. Cufflinks $15. Key rings / purse charms (use them anywhere to lift an accessory) are $10 to $15.
We will use AUS POST. Items to be sent to an Australian address that can be sent in a CD mailer are $5 (flat earrings, usually although some necklaces will fit). Small parcels are $10. Anything else will have to be quoted. Pick up is available from our market stall or my studio. Other arrangement can be made with me during purchase negotiations.
Refunds & Return
We stand by the quality of our works. Goods that do meet form, fit and function will be replaced or the component replaced without question. It will the discretion of the maker to decide what is appropriate. Irregularities that are part of handmade should be expected and if visible in the image or could reasonably have been assumed, are not cause for authomatic replacement. Images should be sent as soon as the issue arises so a full and open discussion can take place. A happy customer is potentially a repeat customer!
- Resin. If resin "dull" wax, oil, or moisturiser will restore a shine. Clean with light detergent or alcohol. No special care is usually needed but if it is complicated piece, specific care instructions will arrive with item. Resin can be broken if trodden on. Cuffs which are formed thin pieces can "unfold" in heat if, say, it is left on a car's dashboard in the Australian sun. If this occurs, place on a towel in an oven set at around 80 C (not more than 90 C). When the piece has fully unfolded remove from oven (hands should be protected from heat) and hold around a tin can (or any other similar shaped object such as a glass). Spray sanitisers are suitable unless alcohol inks are used in which case do not use an alcohol based sanitiser. Do not use heat sanitising methods.
- Synthetic clay. Very robust. Can take a washing machine or any type of sanitising. Sometimes it appears to "dull". A sparing coating of wax, oil, or moisturiser will restore a shine
- Stainless steel can be washed and sanitised. If dull can be cleaned with a clean cloth or patented cleaning product.
- Sterling silver can be washed and sanitised but if it dulls it should be rubbed with a clean dry cloth (impregnated with tarnish remover only if necessary) to remove oxide. .